CHADDER-THE FROZEN RIVER TREK (ZANSKAR)
TREK AT A GLANCE:
Duration: 10 days
Distance: 54 km
Temperature: -25 to -30 degree Celsius
Best time: 20th Jan to 10th Feb
Max to min: 8 to 15 pax
Adventure: Of a lifetime!
Chadar trek is a very unique winter trek and it is perfect for adventure seekers. The river of Zanskar transforms into a thick white blanket of ice which enables people to walk on the frozen water, following a path which is inaccessible in summer. Walking on the frozen river is the only way for the people of Zankar to access rest of Ladakh during winter when the roads are closed because of heavy snow on the passes.
The trek can usually be done from January until the end of February, when the temperature drops down to -25 to -35 degrees. The trek follows the river gorge through dramatic landscape and you might catch sight of wildlife on the trail. Be prepared to stay in caves, villages and camps.
Day 1: Arrival Leh.
Day 2: Drive to Tilad Do via Chilling.Stay in a tent.
Day 3: Tilad Do to ShingraKoma. Stay in a tent.
Day 4: ShingraKoma to Tibb Cave. Stay in a tent.
Day 5: Tibb cave to Naerak camp. Stay in a tent. Attraction Frozen waterfall.
Day 6: Naerak to Tibb Cave. Stay in a tent.
Day 7: Tibb Cave to ShingraKoma. Stay in a tent.
Day 8: ShingraKoma to Tilad Do and drive to Leh. Stay in the guest house.
Day 9: Return from Leh.
Day 10: Return home.
1. Accommodation. (Camping) and Leh guest house (Day 1, and Day 8 according to Itinerary).
2. Meals while on trek (Veg & no-veg)
3. Trek equipments.
4. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
5. Transport from Leh to Road head Tilad Do and return.
6. Guide,Trek Leaders, porters, helping staff, cook and Support staff to help trekkers.
7. Pick up and drop to Airport.
1. Lunch Meals in Leh.
2. Any kind of personal expenses.
4. Trekking fees /environmental charges and ALTOA fee levied by the government.
5. Porter to carry personal luggage.